(As of September 30 there is only 1 spot left for the course.)
Why Choose Us?
- Each student will be provided with 3 patient cases by us. We are the first dental implants course in Canada to do this.
- You can also bring your own patients as well if you prefer.
- No hidden fees. The tuition covers all supplies and materials for the course.
- This is an AGD approved program with 140 CE points. Successful completion of the course qualifies you to offer dental implants in Ontario.
- The course includes training not only for the dentist but also their staff such as marketing, sales, customer service, treatment presentation, etc.
- The course takes place at Dentsply Sirona’s state-of-art academy where you will have an opportunity to use the latest dental technology.
About the Course
Patient quality of life is negatively impacted by the common problems of failing dentition and edentulism. Accurately identifying and treatment planning these issues is essential for long-term patient comfort, health and happiness. Dental implant therapy has proven to be a superior method with better treatment results as compared to removable prostheses or fixed bridges.
High Tech Dental Seminars lecture series has been carefully curated to ensure a full understanding of all aspects of implant therapy from choosing the right implant to patient follow-up. We intend to instil in you the confidence to restore implants successfully in your own practice, to immediately broaden your skill base, and increase patient satisfaction. This course is founded upon the latest technology, leading peer-reviewed research, and over three decades of combined practical hands-on experience.
Objective of the Course
This internationally recognized and AGD/RCDSO-approved course will guide you through a comprehensive surgical and restorative protocol. In addition to developing these surgical skills, participants will also learn how to:
- Treatment plan and case-selection for success
- CBCT interpretation
- Surgical flaps and suturing
- Socket preservation techniques
- Implant placement
- Implant restoration
- Implant occlusion
- Implant complications and their management
- How to communicate with patients to increase case acceptance
- Dental photography
- How to optimize marketing strategies for practice growth
Being mindful of emerging technologies to assist modern dental clinics to operate more efficiently, participants will have the opportunity to learn both the conventional workflow as well as a digital workflow to provide quality care for patients.
Students will be provided with 3 patient cases and can also bring their own patients. Students will also have the opportunity for their staff to be trained through this course.
This step by step implant course consists of six modules of didactic and clinical hands-on training.
It is structured for all participants to learn the fundamental knowledge of implants and to gain an advanced hands-on training utilizing mannequins, which will be used to simulate the real patient experience. After becoming more comfortable in the simulated environment dentists will enrich their knowledge by observing live surgical procedures. Following which each participant will be provided the opportunity to perform dental implants on three patients which will be provided by High Tech Dental Seminars. Participants are welcome to also bring their own patients.
The course will cover digital and conventional implant placement and each participant will experience both surgical and restorative procedures using both digital and conventional methodologies.
Successful completion of this course will give participants all required CE points to meet the RCDSO requirements for placing and restoring implants.
This course is intended for dentists who have never placed implants, who would like to gain more hands on knowledge of implants, and those who would like to learn more about digital workflow with implant placement and restoration.
This course will be offered at Dentsply Sirona Academy which is a state of the art facility that will provide participants with a variety of highly technical modalities that range from the use of the computer guided units utilizing mannequins to live video camera feeds of surgeries.
This course is internationally approved AGD program, and it follows the guidelines of the RCDSO.
Course participants will be provided with all the required study materials, implant parts, implant kits to be used during the course, all surgical instruments, all PPE, all bone graft, membrane and suturing material, all lab fees are covered, surgical guide, blocks, abutments, CT scan, imaging and reports.
As an additional offer participants will be provided a six month free membership with Simplant software that allows for effective planning for multiple implant placements.
The course costs $12,800 with no hidden fees. Participants are also offered an interest free 3 month payment plan.
Participants are encouraged to bring their own laptop and camera.
Meet the Instructors
Dr. Ameen Al-Obaidi
- Dentist & Lead Instructor
- BDS, MFDS, DDS, ICOI DIPLOMAT
Dr. Ali Al-Rubayee
- Instructor & Course Coordinator
Dr. Quyen Su
- BMSc, DMD, MSc, Dip Perio, Dip ABP, FRCD(C)
This hands-on, comprehensive program will take place over 6 modules with a dedicated 2-3 days for each module. Participants will experience didactic lectures that have been paired with hands-on workshops in order to solidify the theory learned. Throughout the course, participants will be planning, treating, and restoring dental implant cases under supervision.
To cultivate individual learning and satisfaction, the participant will have ownership over three individual cases to treatment plan. Therefore, by the end of the course, after having placed and restored a minimum of three implants, the participant will have acquired a solid foundation to immediately implement this practice in their own clinics.
Participants are granted 140 hours of RCDSO continuing education credits, which will satisfy the RCDSO criteria to place and restore dental implants.
Date: November 19-21
- Rational of dental implants
- Medical evaluation of the dental implant patients
- patient preparation
- local anaesthesia
- Medically compromised patients
- postoperative pain management
- Applied anatomy for dental implants
- Osseointegration and bone response to loading
- Risk evaluation and required documentation by the royal college
- Case presentation to the Patient and consent form
- Treatment planning
- Prosthetic options in implant dentistry
- Treatment options in implant dentistry
- Biomaterial for dental implant
- Implant parts, live surgery or video surgery
- Astra EV Surgical and prosthetic kit overview
- Workshop: Conventional implant placement on manikins
- Tooth extraction and socket preservation
Date: January 7-9, 2022
- Pre-implant prosthesis: overall evaluation, specific criteria and pre-treatment prosthesis
- Single tooth replacement : treatment options
- Multiple teeth replacement: treatment options
- Aesthetic zone treatment options
- Showing treatment plan case (A-Z)
- Dental Photography (bring cameras)
- Workshop: Dental Photography
- Workshop: Cerec: implant +surgical guide
- Cerec investment/ machine (20min)
- CT scan and treatment planning fixed/removable(simplant and surgical guide)
- The Cerec Galiloeos connection and the integration between cone beam and CAD/CAM
- Diagnostic cast and surgical templates
- File and image management as it relates to implant restoration
- Workshop: planning for a case (Arthur white)
- Indication for sending cases to Atlantis lab
- Keys to bone grafting and bone grafting material
- Protocol for bone grafting
- Flap design and suturing technique
- Soft tissue management
- Immediate load and restoration in implant dentistry
- Implant failure
- Video for implant placement(Arthur)
Date: February 5-6, 2022
- Criteria for placing implant in the posterior and anterior area
- Protocol for single implant placement in the posterior area
- Protocol for single implant placement in the anterior area
- Multiple implant placement consideration
- Surgical exposure for implants
- Loading protocol for implant
- Implant maintenance
- Digital surgery planning for dentist patients +criteria
Date: March 4-7, 2022
Surgery 3 days
All candidates should burry implants
Candidates can bring their own staff/assistants
Date: July 8-10, 2022
- Impression technique
- Workshop on manikins (Conventional and digital)
- The difference between the various blocks for fabricating provisional and permanent chairside abutments
- How to use cerec to create temporary and permanent implant restoration both screw and cement retained
- Workshop (1 Hour)
- How different tool affect implant proposals and where and when to use them with cerec
- How to create a temporary Maryland bridge restoration
- Fabricating custom healing abutment
- Case acceptance and financial planning(staff and dentist)
- marketing and online presence (staff and dentist )
- Implant exposure and stability check
- Osstell or Penguin
Date: August 5-7, 2022
- Cerec Impressions (all 3 cases)
- Must do at least 1 conventional impression (open or closed tray)(3-4 sessions, 6 patients each session, each session 45minutes)
- Crown milling and finishing
- Graduation (restaurant)
Who is this course for?
This AGD/RCDSO-approved program is aimed at clinicians who are:
- Are new to implant dentistry and want to incorporate implant dentistry into their practice
- Have a thorough understanding of implant therapy but would like to review their clinical knowledge and obtain more supervised, hands-on experience in both simulation settings and live patients
- Seasoned practitioners in implant dentistry who would like to expand their practice with using a digital workflow to increase efficiency and decrease treatment cost for patients
Licensed Outside of Ontario?
If you are a dentist licensed outside of Ontario please contact the Registration Department at the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO) to enquire how you can obtain a “Short Duration Certificate” (i.e. a temporary education license) in order to work with patients in this course.
After you have registered for a course, we consider your registration to be a firm commitment for you to attend. Last-minute participant substitutions are difficult to arrange, although we understand emergency situations may arise that will affect your attendance.
We have established the following policy in case of course cancellation:
- Written notice must be given for course cancellation.
- If cancellation is made more than 60 days before the program date, 100% of the tuition is eligible for refund.
- If cancellation is made more than 30 days but less than 60 days from the program date, 50% tuition is eligible for refund.
- Cancellations made under 30 days from the program date will be allowed to reschedule for a new course date or given credit to be put towards future courses with High Tech Dental Seminars.
“Dear Dr. Ameen, Thank you so much for being a good mentor and friend. I am grateful to you for your support and kindness. Your knowledge and passion to learn and help people is wonderful. I am looking forward to attending your upcoming invisalign course. I am sure it will be a great opportunity to gain valuable knowledge so I can treat my patients with confidence. You’re a great role model.”
Dr. Z. Al-Najjar
“I would like to express my gratitude to Dr. Ameen for generously sharing his knowledge and expertise with us. It is not often that we can find an educator who is willing to go above and beyond to benefit you. Not only that but he simplifies everything and gets you excited about engaging in a new scope of your profession. I highly appreciate everything you do for us.”
Dr. Shahad Alkhalili
“Dr.Ameen is a very professional practitioner, he provides his patients with the utmost of care. I have known him for a long time, studied under his supervision and worked along side him as a colleague. He is a great dentist and an enthusiastic educator who always tries to help you gain the confidence you need to help you experience new aspects of dentistry. His attention to detail is impeccable. I was glad that when I first started my career that I worked under his supervision. He helped me to gain confidence doing complicated dental procedures. I will be forever grateful for all the opportunities he gave me and for working aside of such a great dentist.”
Dr. A. Sami
“Throughout my career as a dentist, I have never thought of providing any orthodontic treatment to my patients, I would always refer them, but now with the mentorship of Dr.Ameen, I can provide many of my patients with Invisalign treatment with the confidence of having great results, Dr.Ameen has always been a great support to me with his knowledge.”
In Association With:
High Tech Dental Seminars
Locally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2023
Provider ID# 394371